Cybercrime is on the Rise among Financial Service Professionals.
Are you exposed?
A decade ago, criminals used guns. Today, all they need is a computer. With all the sensitive customer data you store, financial service professionals provide a target rich environment for cybercriminals. They steal tax returns, social security numbers and other personally identifiable data to sell on the black market—and they do it all the time.
Cybercriminals use Advanced Technology, including:
- Automated artificial intelligence software to randomly search for vulnerabilities
- Phishing attacks to infiltrate your systems and plant malware that monitors your activities
- Ransomware attacks that lock you out of your files until a payoff is paid in bitcoins
- Fraudulent impersonation schemes to trick unsuspecting employees to wire transfer them funds
Financial Service Firm Cybercrime Statistics
- Cyberattacks cost financial service firms more to address than any other industry1
- The average number of breaches per firm has more than tripled over the past five years1
- The average cost of a data breach per firm has increased by 40% over the past three years1
- $148: Average cost per stolen record of a data breach2
- 50% of all email is spam, and 73% of all spam is malicious2
- 206 days: Average number of days it takes to identify a breach2
- $133,000: Average cost of a ransomware attack on small businesses2
|Get a FREE cyber risk assessment with recommendations to help reduce your risk.
See what a hacker sees. Externally observable data is used to help protect your small business. No downloads, software, or agents required.
Basic actions like a cybersecurity assessment can help reduce your exposure by 80%.3
- Receive clear, actionable steps to help reduce your business’ cyber risk
- Discover exposed usernames, passwords and personally identifying information
- Find exploitable vulnerabilities and misconfigurations that expose your business to cyber threats
1Chris Thompson, “What’s the cost of cyber crime to your company and how should you respond?” Accenture, June 25, 2018.
2Rob Sobers, “110 Must-Know Cybersecurity Statistics for 2020,” Varonis, April 15, 2020.
329 Must-know Cybersecurity Statistics for 2020, Cyber Observer, 2020.
Aon CyberBusinessProSM is a service mark of Aon Corporation. Coalition, Inc. is the exclusive administrator.
This document provides summary information only. Insurance coverage is subject to specific terms, limitations and exclusions, and may not be available in all states.
EZ Insurance Solutions is the brand name for the brokerage and program administration operations of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc. a licensed producer in all states (TX 13695); (AR 100106022); in CA & MN, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. (CA 0795465); in OK, AIS Affinity Insurance Services Inc.; in CA, Aon Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., (CA 0G94493), Aon Direct Insurance Administrators and Berkely Insurance Agency and in NY, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency.